Tuesday, 15 January 2008

The very first day in Shanghai





Leaving

This is a Friday night where we gather at the Changi airport T1. My dad sent to my family and Gj to the airport with a van. He actually went to borrow a van to send me and my lugguge safely there. :) My family is those kind that doesn't really show their concern very openly, so my smilely will show everything. Hope his work 顺顺利利 even though i haven't had a chance to ask yet.

My family went off very early even before I checked in my lugguge which I think is good also. Because I don't like 离别的感觉。Especially I am saying goodbye to my parents. I have to admit I am rather timid.( typing this also made me feel emo also). Besides them, my friends came too!Esther drove here! congrats girl! U made it. I have my sec sch jiemei's too. Joanne and Jieni... I am the only one left that haven even started. I am sorry JieNi I held on ur book for too long:p.

Jav thanks for ur attempt to rush over, but you'll have my full support in going to Jacky CHeung concert. So envious.



Saying byebye to everyone at the departure wasn't as bad as I thought. I felt rather excited with the girls. Dear thanks for letting me go, see you after IA. :) ohh and ah neh also came that day too. surprise surprise. You are such a great buddy.



See you 6 months later, Singapore.



On the Plane and Shanghai Pudong International airport

I didnt really sleep during the flight. I only remembered I went toilet numerous times and I was so noob not to know when can loosen the seatbelt and move around. It has been 6 years since I last took aeroplane. I wasn't really feeling excited abt the plane experience. The excitement only came when Olive start to panic when she realised that her lugguage key was locked in her bag. Then there was a little commotion among us. That's the first 状况 we have and we haven even leave sin lor. Anyway, the key was somehow dug out by her little fingers.




Then I was so surprised that they served breakfast at 2 am, sometime after we are flying in the sky. Dots! But anyway the meal is nice.hehe

At Pudong customs, Olive and I were randomly called upon to scan our bags. So zun, only call us 2 girls. All the guys happily walked out. While we were waiting at Pudong airport, some were busying taking pictures and some were busying looking for warm drinks. Unfortuntately, warm drinks were weird there. They had warm peach tea or don't know what. I remembered Derek had one. Yucks. Just at the moment we walk past the airport door, the cold wind blew in. 让我们感受到了第一阵寒流. 然后, 我们就决定全副武装了。It was finally warm when we got back on the bus.




There you can see our smiles at 7plus am.


Our apartment at 万邦都市花园

This is the most high tech house I have ever lived in. All the water heaters, air con, warm lights, stove and the anti bacteria machine I dont know how to use them. I shall show you later. Bascially, I would be sharing room with Olivia. I chose a room that is open concept, it is renovated in a japanese style. This room is actually converted from a study room thats why there are so many shelves around. Look at olive dog and my xiao wu gui, it is like 小巫见大巫。We are always bullying each others pet. hehe























my room ....







living room..








Show you some cool gadgets...








Lights to keep you warm when you bathe, really important!








This helps us kill off bacteria on our cutlery

Water heaters that are timed to warm up one certain times of the day and store for the rest of the day. Heating is usually done at night as the electricity fee is half than in the morning.





Setting up our house


We went shopping for our daily items on the 1st and second day at Metro which is just one street away from our apartment. The Metro here is not like those that we saw in Singapore. The concept they have is just like Jiant and Carrefour. Thus, we almost get most of our things here although after that we realised that they are more expensive than Carrefour. But well we have get alot of things so we had to get it near. Btw, Metro here doesn't give plastic bags at all.wah then we have to carry our things either in our bags or the packaging of the things we bought.



Whee shopping! 平时这些东西也不用我们买,所以特别兴奋。



We were so excited when we saw this set of family cups. 刚刚好我们四人,一人一个。 Papa is Ciming, Mama is Mel, Sis is me and Brother is Olivia.



This is my cup!Cute ba, wonder if I can bring it back in the end.

看看我们四个人辛苦搬回来的战利品吧。=) I really feel quite proud 4 of us can bring it back ourselves. (of cos with the help of bags that we collected previously)
















No comments: